Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Halloween [Through My Lens Nr. 118]


Halloween is probably my favorite time of year. It's a time when we reflect, embrace the darkness and have one last glimpse into autumn before the leaves fall off completely. Then it's time to head into the winter season. I have spent the last two Halloween celebrations in the USA, last time in Boston, which was perfect. Decorations were everywhere and people dressed up as monsters, zombies and witches a common sight in the streets. How will you be celebrating Halloween (if you will celebrate at all)?

Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week!



Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!


What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!


Please spread the word and help me grow the link-up.
Use the image below for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post

 

29 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween :) Amazing pics.
    Greetings. Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! Nice photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We don't really celebrate it here in Bosnia, but it's nice to look back at Halloween last year in the States.

      Delete
  3. Looks really amazing - have a great time and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Halloween in Canada, over here they a having partys too but I for me it doesn’t fit to the Island.

    Greetings over the ocean

    N☼va

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, It's much more fun to celebrate it in colder regions. We had a great time in Boston, whereas Halloween in Los Angeles 2015 in high heat wasn't really that spooky. :)

      Delete
  5. The fun has already started. Happy Halloween! Embrace the darkness....
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOOO! I usually don´t care for Halloween as it is not our custum from the start. But I had something for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not celebrate thedarkness of halloween or evil but thanks for hosting and have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think people celebrate evil :) That's a common misconception. Halloween originates from ancient Celtic harvest festivals, and is dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints, martyrs and all the faithful departed.

      Delete
  8. ...have a spooky evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooohhhh you scared me with those teeth. LOL... all those decorations are really nice.. have a spooky good time on Halloween night

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos - it is amazing how creative people are when it comes to decorations. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mersed ... those are some scary vampires there! I must admit to being surprised at how Halloween is such a big deal for adults now.... it used to be just for little kids to go trick-or-treating. But I am old enough to be your grandmother probably, so that was long ago! Thank you for hosting and sharing your travels .... Iceland looks like a great destination (from your earlier posts which I read but did not comment)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your group picture! And a fine All Hallows Eve to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Halloween - it's like xmas without any pressure to keep anyone happy...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to celebrate Halloween in the USA one year. I bet it is a great experience

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never celebrated Halloween. When I was a kid I had heard of it but not of anyone actually doing anything for it. It does seem to be a growing thing in Australia though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love the creativity of those Halloween decorations. Those people in costumes look vaguely similar to some people my daughter had over for a party (yes it was a Halloween party).

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAHa Good Try thanks
    Please tell us when is halloween

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.